In 2015-16 FareShare Cymru:
Contributed to the relief of poverty by:
- Redistributing 540 tonnes of food to 46 local community organisations.
- This food contributed towards over 1.28 million meals.
- Enabling over 148 members of the public to volunteer on a regular basis and undertake 12,286
- volunteering hours.
- 10 people who undertook work placements with us regained regular employment.
Contributed to the advancement of public education by:
- Providing 35 training opportunities and 25 qualifications being gained including forklift, first aid and food safety.
Contributed to the conservation, protection and improvement of the physical and natural environment through:
- A reduction in food waste of 580 tonnes
- A corresponding reduction of over 1774 tonnes CO2